FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are any of your courses offered online?
- Do you offer courses off campus? Can an Undergraduate student take a course at the Graduate level?
- Once admitted, how do I register for classes?
- I just registered for a class, but the number of credit hours is wrong. What should I do?
- What if a student experiences a death in the family or some other crisis?
- I recently got married/divorced. How do I change my name in the SIU system?
Although nearly all of our courses are only offered in the face-to-face on-campus format, we do have a few Curriculum and Instruction courses that are offered online. For example, CI 199 Introduction to College Research has several sections offered face-to-face on campus and one section offered online. Also, CI 482 Web Resources for Teachers is usually offered as an online course. We also offer a few courses in a blended fashion with a mixture of face-to-face on-campus meetings and online work.
The Curriculum and Instruction department offers an undergraduate completion program in Elementary Education at the Rend Lake College Marketplace (RLCM) in Mount Vernon, Illinois and at the University Center of Lake County (UCLC) in Grayslake, Illinois. For more information, visit the Elementary Education page.
Yes, but the student and the course must meet certain criteria, and permission must be granted prior to taking the course. Contact the Graduate School at 618-536-7791 for more information.
Once admitted, students should be able to register online at Salukinet. You will need your Dawg tag #. For additional assistance, please contact your academic advisor.
Many classes, such as independent study and fieldwork courses are variable-credit classes. This means that students take them for different numbers of credit hours within a certain range. The online registration system always assigns the least number of credit hours to your schedule, and then you have the job of changing the number of credit hours to the correct number. In order to adjust the number of credit hours, you must double click on the numeral that denotes the number of credit hours assigned to you. (If you look carefully, you will see that this numeral is a link; it is blue instead of black.) This action will take you to another screen where you can adjust the number of credit hours.
Saluki Cares is a campus team whose purpose is to develop, facilitate and coordinate a university-wide program of care and support for students in distress.
- Visit the Saluki Cares website
- Or contact: email@example.com or 618-453-5714
If you want to change your name in the SIU system, you will find the form at the Office of the Registrar. Look for “Office Forms.”
- Look for the “Name Change Request” form. You will need to also provide certain forms of identification.
- Call the Office of Records and Registration at 618-453-2999 if you have questions.