Dr. Judith Green
Office: 128E Pulliam Hall
475 Clocktower Dr, Mail Code: 4606
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, Illinois 62901
Dr. Green has extensive experience in P-20 education. She has served as a teacher, caseworker, and administrator in rural, suburban, and urban communities. Her experiences as a K-6 classroom teacher, university professor, building principal, director of special education, and assistant superintendent have afforded her opportunities to shape and influence the intellectual and social development of P-20 students and those who teach and lead in their educational organizations. Her service to the field includes the Illinois State Board of Education/Illinois Board of Higher Education (ISBE/IBHE) Code of Ethics Advisory Committee, the IHE Partnership Advisory Council, and the Indiana State Governor’s Educational Consultant Review Committee. She is an NCATE /CAEP lead reviewer for the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) Specialty Area.
- Ph.D. (Educational Administration), Purdue University
- M. S. (Special Education), Purdue University
- B. S. (Elementary Education), Indiana University – Purdue University at Indianapolis
Professor Green’s interests are in the areas of educational administration and leadership, program development and evaluation, P-20 organizational theory, leadership and change for social justice, and special education.
- Green, J. A. (2014). Budgeting approaches. In D. J. Brewer, & L. O. Picus (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Education Economics and Finance (Vol. 1, pp. 88-92). New York, NY: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Green, J. A. (2010). [Review of the book Ethical educational leadership in turbulent times: (Re)solving moral dilemmas by J. P. Shapiro & S. J. Gross]. Education Review, 13.
- Green, J. A. (2009). Changing past student discipline practices to create a district-wide discipline plan. Education and Urban Society 41(4), 457-468.
- Green, J. A. (2008). Instructor’s Manual for Sergiovanni’s The principalship: A reflective practice perspective, 6th Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Green, J. A. (2008). Collaborating with special education administrators. Principal 88(2), 12-15.
- Green, J. A., & McKerrow, K. K. (2007). Professional deference: When does it become critical? In Donahoo, S., & Hunter, R.C. (Eds.). Teaching leaders to lead teachers: Educational administration in the era of constant crisis (Vol. 10, pp. 217-233). Oxford, UK: Elsevier Ltd.
- March, R., Hawken, L., & Green, J. (2003). School-wide behavior support: Creating urban schools [Special Issue]. Journal of Special Education Leadership 16(1), 15-22.
- American Evaluation Association (AEA)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Illinois Association of School Administrators (IASA), Board of Directors
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials (IASBO)
- Illinois Council of Professors of Educational Administration (ICPEA)
- Illinois Principal Association (IPA), Board of Directors
- National Education Finance Conference (NEFC), Board of Advisors
Selected Courses Taught
- EAHE 504 The Administration and Supervision of the Elementary School
- EAHE 521 Leadership for Equity: Special Populations
- EAHE 550 School Business Management
- EAHE 555 Leadership and Change in Educational Organizations
- EAHE 557 Program Development and Evaluation
- EAHE 558 Personnel Evaluation and Administration
- EAHE 564 Ethics and Social Justice
- EDUC 511 Doctoral Seminar: Cultural and Philosophical Foundations of Education
- EAHE 597 Superintendent Internship