To gain admission to the College Teaching Certificate program, prospective students must:
- Hold or be enrolled in a graduate degree program;
- A minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA; and
- A score on a graduate-level standardized exam such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), and the Miller Analogy Test (MAT).
Applications for admission must include the following:
- A completed departmental application;
- Three letters of references attesting to the applicant’s potential for success as a postsecondary instructor; and
- A teaching statement.
Higher Education faculty members will review applications and select students for admission to the certificate program.