We Have Spirit
Saluki Spirit Announcements (11/27/17 - 12/4/17)
1) As always, if anybody has items that they would like to add to the weekly Saluki Spirit Announcements, please send them to Dr. Phil Anton at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Announcements are designed to reflect Saluki Spirit in all aspects of campus and the community, so send whatever you want from any corner of southern Illinois. Pictures are always a great addition.
2) #SalukiFriday is coming up: Remember to wear your Saluki gear on Fridays!
Also, send pics of your group(s) to Dr. Anton, as well as Randy Johnson at 710: email@example.com Photos will be featured in the Saluki Spirit Announcements and on 710's Facebook and Twitter platforms.
Below the crew from SIU Credit Union rocks their Saluki finest!
3) This past week on #SalukiFriday we visited the SIU Arena to offer some Spirit tips and technique suggestions to the Saluki Cheerleaders. Those pictures will be up soon on the "SIUC Department of Kinesiology" Facebook page, on our Twitter page (swing by and give us a follow @SalukiSpirit), and our “salukispirit” Instagram page.
The winner of the Facebook Poll on the Dept. of Kinesiology page for the pics taken at WSIU is at the end of the Announcements.
4) If your Dept, College, RSO, group, etc. is doing outreach in the community, please share details with SIUC Director of Community Relations, Karen Stallman, at 618-453-2425 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Working on behalf of New Student Programs, Marcia Kuhlman (Physiology)and Malea Bailey (Radio, Television, and Digital Media) produced a documentary entitled: “2.38 – A Glimpse Into the Eclipse” that chronicles the Aug. 21 solar eclipse here at SIUC. It will be screened at 7 PM, Dec. 1 in Guyon Auditorium. For a preview, check out the link below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vh5mrn-rDg
6) On Weds, Nov. 29, the Chancellor's office is hosting a pre-game gathering for SIUC students in Ballroom D of the Student Center from 5:15 - 6:30 PM. There will be free pizza for all in attendance, plus face-painting, materials to make signs for the game, prize opportunities, and many other fun activities. At 6:30, there will be a Saluki Spirit Parade to the Arena for the Saluki Men’s Basketball game against SIUE. Student IDs will serve as tickets to get into the game. Come on out and show your Saluki Spirit! (Click image below for PDF)
7) Looking for service hours? Show your #SalukiSpirit through the many Saluki Service Days opportunities: http://sustainability.siu.edu/participate/saluki-service-days/
8) Saluki Swimming senior Bryn Handley (Behavior Analysis and Therapy) and sophomore Sam Parsons (Communication Studies) will be competing in the Winter National Championships in Columbus, Ohio, Nov. 29 – Dec. 2. If you are unable to make it to Ohio, follow them on Twitter. (Click Image below for PDF)
For her efforts in their last meet, Beibei Ji was named Missouri Valley Conference's Diver of the Week. Congrats Beibei!
9) The Energy Boost Scholars Program is a great opportunity for undergraduate students to get involved in research. Submit applications before Dec. 1. http://news.siu.edu/2017/11/111317SIUToday-energy-boost-scholarship-deadline.php
10) SIU Social Media and Student Communications is hosting a student video contest. Check out the link below for more details and be on the lookout for more promotion using the hashtag #ThatsAsaluki
11) Saluki Women’s Basketball hits the road this Thursday (Nov. 30) to take on Morehead St. at 7:15 PM and then Marshall on Sat, Dec. 2 at 12 PM. If you are unable to make it to Kentucky on Thurs, listen in on 105.1 If you can’t make it to West Virginia on Sat, tune to 97.7 The Dawgs return to the Arena on Thurs, Dec. 7 to play Martin Methodist College at 12 PM and Western Kentucky on Sun, Dec. 10 at 2 PM.
For her efforts this past week, freshman Abby Brockmeyer (Business) was named MVC Newcomer of the Week for the 2 nd week in a row – congrats Abby!
12) The Carbondale Police Dept, SIUC Dept of Public Safety, and Saluki Athletics bring you Coats For Kids. They’ll be collecting new coats for boys and girls ages 1-8 at upcoming Saluki Women’s and Men’s Basketball Games
(Click image below for PDF)
GO DAWGS! #WEAREALLSALUKIS WINNER OF THIS WEEK'S FACEBOOK PICTURE POLL:
On #SalukiFriday at WSIU, we tried our hand at running the radio studio board…unfortunately this resulted in a call from the FCC to Broadcasting Services Executive Director Greg Petrowich…