The Core MPH competencies will enable students to:
- Assess community health needs and capacities for diverse populations.
- Design a community-based program, project, intervention or policy.
- Demonstrate a variety of skills in delivering strategies, interventions, and programs.
- Apply systems thinking frameworks to address public health issues within communities.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data related to public health programs.
- Administer and maintain public health education and health promotion programs.
- Serve as a public health resources professional for diverse populations.
- Advocate for stakeholder involvement in building partnerships and coalitions to improve public health outcomes in diverse populations.
- Demonstrate written and oral skills for effective communication with diverse populations in the context of public health promotion.
- Demonstrate awareness of multicultural values and practices to the design and delivery of community public health policies and programs.