The MPH program only admits students for the summer/fall semesters, however, applications are accepted and reviewed year round.
All application processes can now be completed on-line. You must complete the Graduate School Application (linked below) and pay the application fee.
In addition to the Graduate School Application (Grad School Application Found Here), you must complete the following:
- Letter of application
- Minimum of 3 references
- 3.0 GPA (last 60 hours of your undergraduate training)
- Official Transcripts from all universities/colleges listed on your application form
- Curriculum Vitae
International Students must also submit the following which must be uploaded with the Graduate School application:
- Copy of their passport photo
- TOEFL Scores
- Financial Disclosure
- International Students who, upon being admitted into the MPH program and upon arrival in the U.S. who decide to participate in a U.S. Medical/Dental Residency before completing their MPH will be dropped from the program.
- The MPH DOES NOT require a GRE or GMAT test (however, be aware that if you apply for any various university fellowships that a GRE may be required)
- Non-resident new first-time graduate students who demonstrate high academic achievement on the GRE, GMAT, or MAT graduate school entrance exams will pay an alternate tuition rate of 1.0 times the current in-state graduate tuition rate. Click here for more information on the High Achiever tuition rate.
- Individuals interested in Graduate Assistantships must FIRST be admitted into the MPH program
Need to send in additional application materials? They can be sent to the following address:
Public Health & Recreation Professions
475 Clocktower Dr
Mail Code 4632
Carbondale, IL 62901
Wondering how to pay for Grad School? The department offers offers a limited number of Graduate Assistantship positions every year. General information about cost and financial assistance can be found here.