Thank you for your interest in the BAT Chicago/Joliet Master's Degree Program. Please read this page thoroughly before beginning the application process. This page contains all of the information and forms you will need to complete your application to our program.
The application deadline is December 5th for Spring semester, April 12th for Summer semester and August 1st for Fall semester.
1. Fill out the graduate school form: The first thing you should do is to complete and submit the SIU graduate school application. This here provides a link to the Apply Yourself application. Make sure you give yourself ample time to finish all the necessary steps needed to send in a successful application.
You need to write all of the three papers, and either download them into the Grad School application or mail them to the address (below). Statements should be concise, to the point and no longer than 2 pages, written documents (i.e. word documents) with single spacing.
1. Biographical statement
2. Personal statement
3. Research experience/interest
After finishing step 1, you can continue to step 2-3.
2. Three Letters of Recommendation:
You have an option to:
A. Your recommenders can submit their recommendation online through your Apply Yourself application.
B. If your recommenders would like to send their recommendations through the mail, they may do so to the program address.
You can find the letter of recommendation form here.
3. Official Transcripts: We require that you submit an official transcript from each college or university that you have attended. These must be your official transcripts and must be original documents.
Complete Application Must Include:
- One time application Fee of $65; certified check, draft, or money order made payable to Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Fill out the graduate school form here
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts from all Universities and Colleges attended
- TOEFL scores (International students only)
- Financial Statement (International students only)
All materials that you are mailing to us should be sent to:
1025 Lincoln Dr., Room 317A
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, Illinois 62901-4609
For more information contact:
Joshua K. Pritchard, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Instructor and Off-Campus Operations Manager
Behavior Analysis and Therapy Program
Office: 317 Rehn Hall
Phone: (618) 536-7704