Thank you for your interest in the BAT Online Program. Please read this page thoroughly before beginning the application process. This page contains all of the information and forms you will need to complete your application to our program.
The application deadline is December 5th for Spring semester, April 12th for Summer semester and August 1st for Fall semester.
1. Fill out the graduate school form: The first thing you should do is to complete and submit the SIU graduate school application. This here provides a link to the application. Make sure you give yourself ample time to finish all the necessary steps needed to send in a successful application.
You need to write all of the three papers, and send them with your materials to the address (below). Statements should be concise, to the point and no longer than 2 pages, written documents (i.e. word documents) with single spacing.
1. Biographical statement
2. Personal statement
3. Research experience/interest
After finishing step 1, you can continue to step 2-4. Note: all materials used in step 2-4 need to be mailed to the Behavior Analysis and Therapy program (see address below).
2. BAT Off-Campus Application Form: Please print and fill out the BAT Off-Campus Application Form, using good penmanship.
3. Three Letters of Recommendation:
You have an option to:
A. You can obtain a letter from each recommender in a sealed envelope and submit these envelops with the rest of your materials in your packet Each physical letter received must be in its own sealed envelope.
B. If your recommenders would like to send the envelopes directly, they may do so to
the program address.
You can find the letter of recommendation form here.
4. Official Transcripts: We require that you submit an official transcript from each college or university that you have attended. These must be your official transcripts and must be original documents.
Complete Application Must Include:
- One time application Fee of $65; certified check, draft, or money order made payable to Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
- Complete departmental (Behavior Analysis & Therapy) application form
- Fill out the graduate school form here
- Three Letters of Recommendation must be mailed to us
- Official Transcripts from all Universities and Colleges attended
- TOEFL scores (International students only)
- Financial Statement (International students only)
All materials should be sent to
1025 Lincoln Dr., Room 317A
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, Illinois 62901-4609
For more information contact:
Joshua K. Pritchard, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Instructor and Off-Campus Operations Manager
Behavior Analysis and Therapy Program
Office: 317 Rehn Hall
Phone: (618) 536-7704