Behavior Analysis and Therapy
What is BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS and what can you do with a degree in BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS AND THERAPY?
To put it simply, behavior analysis is the study of behavior, and you can do A LOT with a degree in this field! In this program, students learn why people do what they do and how to change behavior to help make a positive difference.
With a degree in behavior analysis, you can:
- Work with adults and children with autism and other developmental disabilities. In this capacity you can to teach individuals how to communicate, interact with others, succeed in school, and live independently.
- Consult with businesses to help improve employee performance and safety or create a higher quality work environment.
- Work with the elderly in nursing homes.
- Work with individuals with socio/emotional disorders, anxiety, addictions, and brain injuries.
- Work in a variety of settings such as schools, homes, clinics, community integrated living arrangements, day treatment centers, and child and family welfare agencies.
- Work with animals as a trainer at theme parks or zoos or consult with individuals to train household pets.
- Teach courses at a college or university.