Dr. Jowett Hirst's Research Lab
WANT TO LEARN ABOUT BEHAVIOR AND HAVE FUN WITH KIDS?!
Dr. Jowett Hirst runs the Child Behavior Research and Training Lab where she works with students on a variety of projects involving the study of child behavior.
Through research, Dr. Jowett Hirst aims to conduct research that influences best practice guidelines and aids in the dissemination of the technology of behavior analysis. Her research is guided in part by her own interests, but also by the interests of her students.
Current research topics include:
* Evaluating physiological side effects of behavioral interventions
* Best practice for parent training
* Variables that influence the effectiveness of feeding treatments
* Variables that influence the effectiveness of training toileting behaviors
* Preference for choice
* Teacher preference for behavioral interventions
* Enhancing discrete trial teaching procedures and maintenance of skills