Masters Degree | Behavior Analysis & Therapy | SIU

Home
Southern Illinois University

CONTACT

SIU.EDU

College of Education and Human Services

Masters Degree

The Rehabilitation Institute has two options of master's degree seeking Behavior Analysis and Therapy programs. A traditional on-campus program and a hybrid program. Both programs require the completion of 45-credit hours to graduate. Completion of each program will meet all BACB requirements for certification.

Our hybrid program option, Trinity, is 75% completed online, with the remaining 25% of the course work completed in a face-to-face classroom located in New Lenox, IL. These classes meet a minimum of three times per semester, typically on a Friday night and Saturday morning, all face-to-face meetings are mandatory.

ON-CAMPUS/HYBRID (TRINITY) Program Requirements

  • Required Classroom Courses
    • REHB 503 (3)- Basic Behavior Analysis
    • REHB 508 (3)- Complex Behavior Analysis
    • REHB 509A (3)- Behavior Analysis Research Designs: Single-Subject Experimental Designs
    • REHB 509B (3)- Behavior Analysis Research Designs: Group Experimental Designs
    • REHB 512 (3)- Legal and Ethical Issues in Behavior Analysis
    • REHB 535 (3)- Behavioral Observation Methods
    • REHB 574 (3)- Staff Training and Development
  • Required Individual Courses
    • REHB 594B (3)- Practicum in Behavior Analysis and Therapy
    • REHB 595 (9)- Internship in Rehabilitation
    • REHB 593/599 (6)- Research Paper or Thesis
  • Elective Courses (totaling 6 credits over any two courses)*
    • REHB 515 (3)- Behavioral Applications to Medical Problems
    • REHB 543 (3)- Child Behavior
    • REHB 545 (3)- Behavior Analysis in Developmental Disabilities
    • REHB 563 (3)- Behavioral Analysis: Community Applications
    • REHB 584 (3)- Seminar in Behavior Analysis and Therapy
    • REHB 589 (3)- Professional Seminar in Rehabilitation

*Not all elective courses will be offered. Electives will become available upon faculty digression.*

Internship

The student must complete satisfactorily 9 hours of REHB 595 (Internship in Rehabilitation) under the supervision of a behavior analysis and therapy faculty member. The internship is typically begun following two semesters of course work.

Research Paper or Thesis

The student must complete satisfactorily 3 to 6 hours of REHB 593 (Research in Rehabilitation) or REHB 599 (Thesis) under the direction of a chairperson. The chairperson is a member of the behavior analysis and therapy faculty selected by mutual agreement between the student and the faculty member. For the research paper, an additional graduate faculty member may be selected by mutual agreement between the student and the chairperson to serve as a reader. This is not required. For the thesis, a second faculty member of the behavior analysis and therapy program will be selected by mutual agreement between the student and the chairperson to serve as thesis committee member. The committee will review the thesis prior to its initiation, as a prospectus, and after its completion, in an oral defense. At the oral defense, a third graduate faculty member, selected by mutual agreement between all parties, will be added to the committee to serve as a reader.

On-Campus Handbook 2017-2018 

On-Campus/Hybrid Course Tracker

BCBA Coursework Hour Content Areas

For more information contact:
Mark Dixon, Ph.D., LBA, BCBA-D
Professor and Program Coordinator
Office: 336A Rehn Hall
Phone: (618) 536-7704
E-mail: mdixon@siu.edu