Please read this page thoroughly before beginning the application process. This page contains all of the information and forms you will need to complete your application to our program.
To avoid delays in processing your application make sure your application is complete before it is sent. Applications will not be reviewed until all materials are received.
Important things to consider about the BAT PhD program before you apply:
1. This is an ON-CAMPUS program. You must plan on living and completing your experiences for the doctoral program near SIUC for the duration of the 3-year program.
2. Be sure to contact a potential faculty advisor to determine whether he or she is accepting doctoral students for the year you are applying. It is important to also make sure that that individual's interests coincide with your own.
3. Special arrangements have been made for students to complete this degree off-campus, but such opportunities rarely exist.
Please Note Application Deadline
- Fall Semester: JANUARY 15
- Spring Semester: OCTOBER 15
Late applicants may be reviewed at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
COMPLETE APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
1. Completed “Application for Admission to Graduate School.” Please complete the supplemental application as well.
2. Application Fee of $65 payable to SIU Carbondale. This can be paid by certified check, personal check, or money order; OR by credit card online after the application has been completed. DO NOT SEND CASH.
3. Three Letters of Recommendation, of which at least two should be from academic references (to be sent directly from individuals writing the letters to the address given above). These may be scanned and uploaded to your application by those whom are writing the letters.
4. Official Transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended.
6. General GRE Scores. GRE scores submitted should be dated back no further than 5 years. These may also be scanned and uploaded along with your application. The Institution Code for Southern Illinois University Carbondale isR1726.
7. TOEFL scores. (International Students Only.)
8. Copy of your passport’s identification page. (International Students Only.)
9. “Financial Statement for Graduate International Students.” (International Students Only.)
10. Additionally there is a supplemental application form in the online application process. Make sure you view the supplemental application.
Additional instructions to Ph.D. applicants can be found here.
All Materials Should Be Sent Directly To:
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Admissions
Rehn Hall – Mail Code 4609
1025 Lincoln Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901