Irene Hawley Endowed Memorial Scholarship
TIME: To be announced at the College of Education and Human Services Honors Day and to be awarded at the Guy A. Renzaglia Lecture and Rehabilitation Institute Awards Ceremony.
PURPOSE: This award was established in memory of Dr. Irene Hawley to recognize and support an outstanding graduate student with motivation and concern to work for improvement in services for persons with disabilities.
- Must be classified as a Rehabilitation Institute student.
- Currently enrolled.
- Preference shall be given to a student who:
- Is African-American.
- Is a minority or female.
- Has a pressing financial need to continue her/his education.
- By a friend.
- By a faculty or staff member.
- Letter of application.
- Essay (not to exceed 1,000 words) on goals for improvement in services for disabled persons.
- Any other supporting document, e.g., letters of support, vita, etc.
SUBMISSION: Nominations to be considered must be delivered to the Director of Rehabilitation Institute.