John C. Mitchell Endowed Scholarship Award
TIME: To be announced at the College of Education and Human Services Honors Day and to be awarded at the Guy A. Renzaglia Lecture and Rehabilitation Institute Awards Ceremony.
PURPOSE:To recognize and support an outstanding Rehabilitation Services undergraduate student with motivation and concern to work for improvements in services for persons with disabilities.
- Must be admitted into the Rehabilitation Services major.
- Completed 20 hours in the Rehabilitation Services Program (required and elective Rehabilitation courses).
- Currently enrolled.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the major.
- By a friend.
- By a University faculty or staff member.
- Submit a letter of application for scholarship.
- Include a separate personal statement explaining why you selected the rehabilitation profession (maximum length 250 words).
- Provide three letters of recommendation (at least two must be from current faculty members).
- Include any additional documentation that would support your application, e.g., resume, evidence of volunteer efforts, awards.
SUBMISSION: Nominations to be considered must be delivered to the Director of Rehabilitation Institute.