Acceptance criteria for the Teacher Education Program are as follows:
- A minimum of 30 semester hours of completed college work
- Passing score on the Illinois Basic Skills Test or the Illinois Test of Academic Proficiency (read more about the TAP) or:
- ACT Plus Writing: 22 or higher on the ACT+Writing with a 19 or higher in combined English/Writing (for test dates prior to September 1, 2015) or a 16 in Writing (for test dates September 1, 2015 or later)
- An overall grade point average of 2.75 or better on a 4.0 scale (transfer coursework credits must be evaluated by SIU)
- Completion of English 101 and 102
- Submitting a complete application to the Office of Teacher Education prior to the acceptance deadline.
All testing must be ELIS-verified.
Email Teacher Education Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618-453-6327 for more information.