To apply to the Ph.D. in Education program with a concentration in Workforce Education and Development, the following materials should be completed in the online application. No application will be considered until all information is received.
The following materials listed in the online application are required to complete your application file. It is recommended that you print this page to use as a reference while completing the online application.
- Personal Data
- Public Safety Questions
- Program Information
- Additional Information
- International Student Information (If applicable)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) test scores. Minimum scores required:
Combined score for
For analytical writing
- Previous Colleges
- Official transcripts must be submitted if they are not already on file at SIUC
- Send official transcripts to the address below
- Required Essays and Uploads
- Personal and Biographical Statement
- Research Interests/Research Experience
- Financial Support
- Three recommendations letters are required (two must be from outside the department)
Deadline to submit application materials are:
Semester for which you are applying:
Deadline to apply:
|Spring||Second Friday in October|
|Summer||First Friday in March|
|Fall||First Friday in March|
- Graduate faculty consider Ph.D. applicants once a year - October.
- SIUC requires a $65.00 non-refundable application fee before an application will be considered for admission. You must pay the fee online by credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover. Applications will not be processed until the application fee is paid.
- Select "Workforce Education and Development - Ph.D." as the major when completing the application.