Summary of Requirements | Workforce Education and Development | SIU
Master of Science in Education Degree
- At least 32 (thesis option) and 36 (non-thesis option) hours of graduate credit, plus foundation courses if required.
- Grade point average of at least 3.00.
- At least 15 hours in courses numbered 500 or above, which must be completed at SIUC.
- At least 9 hours after admission to the degree program.
- At least 9 hours taught on the Carbondale campus or in an approved residency center.
- At least 21 hours of graduate course work graded A, B, or C.
- At least one-half of the required number of hours earned at SIUC.
- Courses to be applied to the degree taken within six years of conferring the degree.
- Transfer credit taken at another institution or as a non-declared student approved by the dean of the Graduate School.
- Electronic submission of an approved thesis (thesis option) to the Graduate School and one copy to the Office of Graduate Programs.
- One copy of approved research paper (non-thesis option) submitted to Office of Graduate Programs.
- Oral defense (thesis and non-thesis options) exam approval.
- Graduation application submitted before deadline.
- Register for 601 Continuing Education, as required.