WED 258/259 - Course Information
e-Project - Assemble Work Experience and Occupational Training Packet for Technical Training Component of WED Degree
Overview of the Project
|WED 258||Document individual work experience.||Determine relevant employment for WED 258 credit.||WED 258 summary of work experience document.|
|WED 259||Document individual occupational training.||Determine relevant occupational training for WED 259 credit.||WED 259 summary of occupational training documentation.|
Activities and Assignments (for both courses)
Follow packet assembly and submission procedures.
- Read Purpose, Syllabus, and Overview of e-Project.
- Identify appropriate information and documents.
- Access and download the Transmittal Worksheet template.
- Accurately complete Transmittal Worksheet.
- Request all transcripts.
- Request supporting documentation.
- Assemble packet.
- Submit signed Transmittal Worksheet and supporting documentation to site personnel.
Work Experience and Occupational Training Packet assembly and submission procedures:
- Read WED 258 and WED 259 Purpose, Syllabus, and Overview e-Project web pages.
- Identify appropriate information and documents that you will need to request in order to support your work experience and/or occupational training as noted on Transmittal Worksheet.
- Access and download the Transmittal Worksheet template and follow the Guidelines provided. If you "save as" a copy of the Transmittal Worksheet, you will be able to enter your information in the cells provided.
- Accurately complete appropriate version of WED 258/WED 259 Transmittal Worksheet.
- Request all transcripts as detailed on Transmittal Worksheet.
- Request all supporting documentation from appropriate persons as detailed on Transmittal Worksheet.
- It is your responsibility to follow-up on and confirm that all transcripts, letters, and other documents requested were in fact sent.
- If requested, proof read all employment letters of verification for accuracy. Be sure that all parts of the letter were addressed.
- It is your responsibility to protect your identity. Be sure to remove all SSNs and/or partial SSNs from all documents.
- Assemble your WED 258 Work Experience and WED 259 Occupational Training Packet to site personnel.
- Check that you have signed the Transmittal Worksheet.
- Include all of the supporting documentation other than transcripts; they should be sent directly to Transfer Student Services (TSS), 900 South Normal Ave., Woody Hall A6, Mail Code 4725, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL 62901-4725; ATTN: Mary Dowdy.
- You do NOT need to include copies of your military transcript or transcripts from educational institutions in your packet as they will be electronically accessible to site personnel and the WED 258/WED 259 evaluator via the Student Information System.
- You may include a resume; it may be the one you created in WED 382.
- Submit your WED 258 Work Experience and WED 259 Occupational Training Packet to site personnel after all of your transcripts have been received by TSS and after you have received all the documents you requested.
- You may submit your packet electronically or in paper.
- If you submit a paper packet, include single-sided copies of documents, do not staple or insert in folder.
- If you submit electronically, use the following nomenclature for your document files:
- For your Transmittal Worksheet: Site_Last name,first initial_258-9_Trans.
- For your DD214: Site_Last name,first initial_258-9_DD214.
- For your employment verification letters: Site_Last name,first initial_258-259_emp.
- For your training verification letters: Site_Last name, first initial_258-9_trng.
- For other documents, follow format as above.
- Site personnel will double-check your Transmittal Worksheet and packet. If there are omissions or errors, your packet will be returned to you to fix; if complete, your packet will be sent to the WED 258/WED 259 evaluator on the SIUC campus for evaluation of your Technical Training component of your degree requirements. If required, award(s) of WED 258 and/or WED259 will be made.
- Without WED 258, WED 259, and/or transferred technical course work credit, you will be unable to graduate. The documentation of your work experience and training to meet the Technical Training component of your WED degree is your responsibility. Do not depend on the office staff to collect your personal information. You must collect all the necessary documents and turn them in at the appropriate time (See your site coordinator for your due date).