Saluki Teacher Residency Partnership Program
The primary goal of the STRP is to bring together local educators from the schools and the university in a partnership with community mentors to recruit and support diverse teacher candidates from admission into the Teacher Education Program through their first two years of teaching.
THE MISSION OF SALUKI TEACHER RESIDENCY PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
The Saluki Teacher Residency Partnership Program recruits, prepares, and supports caring, committed, competent, and diverse teachers for students in Southern Illinois School Districts.
THE BENEFIT OF STRP
- Year-long residency in a local school
- Online coursework integrated into the clinical experience
- Provides an additional pathway to licensure
- Professional Learning Community
- Support from classroom mentors, instructional coaches, and a community mentor
- Continues support during the first two year of teaching
Secondary Math & Science
English Language Arts
Masters of Arts in Teaching M.A.T.
- Submit your application by February 1
- You will be notified of your interview date
- Apply to Teacher Education Program
- Write your letter of interest explaining why you are interested in becoming a teacher and why the residency program would be a good fit for you.
- Obtain all transcripts
- Once you’ve gathered everything, upload your prepared documents to email@example.com
- Residency begins in August
SALUKI RESIDENCY PARTNERSHIP FOCUS
Pedagogical Content Knowledge: Online coursework
Clinical Experience: 4 days per week + 1 day
Community of Practice: Additional Mentoring
SALUKI TEACHER RESIDENCY PARTNERS
Cairo Unit SD 1
Meridian CUSD 101
Murphysboro CUSD 186
Carbondale ES 95
Carbondale HS 165
Vienna HS 133
To learn more about STRP, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the STRP Application