Master of Public Health in Community Health Education –Medical/Dental Education Preparatory Program (MEDPREP)
Students in the post-baccalaureate MEDPREP program who have a particular interest in Public Health may wish to also pursue an MPH in Community Health Education during their two-year participation in MEDPREP. For more information about these programs and the application process, see the information below. To inquire if either of these programs would meet your needs, please email the MEDPREP Chief Academic Advisor, Kathleen Jones, or call her at 618-453-1474.
- Apply and be accepted into MEDPREP for the summer semester. This includes completing admissions paperwork to SIUC (the admissions office will provide instructions upon acceptance into MEDPREP). Please do not apply to the graduate school at this time.
- Discuss the feasibility of doing the MPH and MEDPREP with your MEDPREP advisor. You need to have a solid overall (minimum 3.0) and BCPM (minimum 2.8) GPA and a good background of courses in the biological sciences. You do not need to take the GRE.
- Apply to the Graduate School and the MPH program for the FALL semester: NO LATER THAN JUNE 1.
- Submit transcripts and supplementary materials including Letter of Application to the MPH program. (Additional letters of recommendation are not required.)
- Attend the mandatory orientation session in August. This orientation session is usually scheduled on the Friday BEFORE classes begin in August, so adjust your travel accordingly.
MPH Application information: https://ehs.siu.edu/phrp/graduate/mph/mph_application.php
Application for SIU graduate school: https://gradschool.siu.edu/apply/
*Note: MPH students are not eligible for one of the MEDPREP undergraduate tuition waivers.