Courses that make the textbooks come to life!
The curriculum promotes knowledge of contemporary issues in the discipline both formally and informally. First, all instructors are responsible for updating their syllabi each time the course is offered with an emphasis placed on keeping content current, and how emerging findings in the field may alter the readings/discussion in the course. This activity is to some degree modulated by content changes requested by BACB approved coursework. Second, the course dedicated to Professional and Ethical Practices emphasizes current events, issues, and topics as a product of its topical area.
The program contains a course (skeptical thinking) that is designed to promote critical thinking and problem solving skills in the students. At the undergraduate level students are required to complete a course on skeptical thinking, which contains content on the scientific method, discrimination between science and anti-science, and rational decision making.
|ENGL 101, 102||3||3|
|MATH, CMST 101||3||3|
|Fine Arts, Humanities||3||3|
|UCOL 101, REHB 205 (Human Health)||3||2/3|
|PSYC 102, PLB/ZOOL 115||3||3|
|BAT 200, Social Science||3||3|
|Humanities, Science Group 1||3||3|
|PSYC 211, Elective||4||3|
|Elective, BAT 312||3||3|
|BAT 440, BAT 406||3||3|
|BAT 441, BAT 445||3||3|
|Elective, BAT 493||3||3|
*Cannot take BAT 406 or 441 without completion of BAT 312.
|BAT 452, BAT 430||3||3|
|BAT 474, BAT 433||3||3|
|BAT 495, BAT 495||3||3|
*Cannot take BAT 452, BAT 430, BAT 433, or BAT 474 without completion of BAT 312 or BAT 406.
THE COURSES REQUIRED OF THE BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS AND THERAPY MAJOR INCLUDE:
- BAT 200: Skeptical Thinking (3)
- BAT 312: Applied Behavior Analysis I (3)
- BAT 406: Applied Behavior Analysis II (3)
- BAT 445: Autism and Intellectual Disabilities (3)
- BAT 452: Behavior Analytic Approaches to Individualized Service Planning (3)
- BAT 474: Performance Management (3)
- BAT 493: Single Subject Research Methods (3)
- BAT 495: Practicum (6)
- BAT 440: Ethics in Behavior Analysis & Therapy (3)
- BAT 441: Assessment & Measurement (3)
- BAT 430: Behavior Therapy (3)
- BAT 433: Applied Behavior Analysis with Pediatric Populations (3)
- PSY 211: Research Methods and Statistics (4)
- PSY 102: Intro to Psychology (3)
- PLB 115/ZOOL 115 (3)
TOTAL CREDIT: 49 (48 minimum requirement), UCC: 41, Electives by Advisement: 33
TOTAL: 120 (120 required for graduation)