Undergraduate Financial Aid | Social Work | SIU

Southern Illinois University



student on computer

Financial Aid

To apply for financial aid, students must complete the free Financial Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a Renewal Application. FAFSA forms are available in December prior to each academic year at high schools, community colleges, or SIUC’s Financial Aid Office. Plan ahead and apply for financial aid early. To receive priority consideration, you should complete and mail a financial aid application as soon as possible after January 1, but before April 1. You will be considered for a Federal Pell Grant, State of Illinois Monetary Award Program (Illinois residents only), Campus-Based Aid, Federal Work-Study, and Federal Direct Student Loan Programs.

New Freshman and Transfer Students

New Student Admission Services offers scholarships based on scholastic achievement to new freshmen and Illinois community college Associate Degree recipients. Academic Scholarships are competitive and are renewable subject to maintaining eligibility. For more information about these scholarships you should contact: Undergraduate Admissions, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Mail Code 4710, Carbondale, IL 62901 or view them on line at https://admissions.siu.edu/.

Tuition Waivers

Each year a limited number of scholarships are available for full-time social work students. The amounts granted depend upon the availability of resources and the number of students who apply.


There are several academic scholarships offered through Social Work awarded on the basis of a candidate's academic record and other specified criteria. The number of awards available and the amounts change yearly and depend upon the availability of resources and the number of students who apply.

Honors Day Scholarship applications are available at the beginning of the spring semester. Full information about the requirements is available at through your academic advisor or by viewing the advisement website.

Return to the Top