Dr. Saran Donahoo
Chair and Associate Professor
Office: 129C Pulliam Hall
475 Clocktower Dr, Mail Code: 4606
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, Illinois 62901
- Director, College Student Personnel Program
- Ph.D., Higher Education Administration, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- A. M., History, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B. A., Secondary Education, University of Arizona
- Educational legal and policy issues, K-16/P-20 systems, the impact of spirituality and religion on educational experiences, the preparation and socialization of student affairs professionals, graduate education, and diversity and equity issues.
- Donahoo, S., & Hunter, R. C. (Eds.). (2007). Teaching leaders to lead teachers: Educational administration in the era of constant crisis.London, England: Elsevier Science, Ltd.
- Donahoo, S., & Caffey, R. A. (2010, January-April). A sense of home: The impact of church participation on African American college students. Journal of Research on Christian Education, 19(1), 79-104.
- Donahoo, S., & Lee, W. Y. (2008, September). Serving two masters: Quality and conflict in the accreditation of religious institutions.Christian Higher Education, 7(4), 319-336.
- Donahoo, S. (2008, February). Reflections on race: Affirmative action policies influencing higher education in France and the United States.Teachers College Record, 110(2), 251-277.
- Donahoo, S. (2006, November). Derailing desegregation: Legal efforts to end racial segregation in higher education before and after Brown.Equity & Excellence in Education, 39(4), 291-301.
- Hunter, R. C., & Donahoo, S. (2005). All things to all people: Special circumstances influencing the performance of African American superintendents. Education and Urban Society, 37(4), 419-430.
- Hunter, R. C., & Donahoo, S. (2004). The implementation of Brown in achieving unitary status. Education and Urban Society, 36(3), 342-354.
- Hunter, R. C., & Donahoo, S. (2003, Nov.). The nature of urban school politics after Brown: The need for new political knowledge, leadership, and organizational skills. Education and Urban Society, 36(1), 3-15.
- Brown, M. C., Donahoo, S., & Bertrand, R. D. (2001, Nov.). The black college and the quest for educational opportunity. Urban Education,36(5), 553-571.
- Associate Editor for Media Reviews, Journal of Student Affairs Research & Practice, 2010-Present
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE)
- Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA)
- EAHE 501 – Administrative Tasks and Processes
- EAHE 513 – Organization and Administration in Higher Education
- EAHE 528 – Finance in Higher Education
- EAHE 535B – Legal Issues in Higher Education
- EAHE 551 – Policy and Politics in American Educational Systems
- EDUC 510 – Introduction to Doctoral Studies