Superintendent Endorsement Admission Requirements
- A completed SIUC Carbondale Graduate School Application
- A completed Educational Administration and Higher Education Department Application
- All undergraduate and graduate college transcripts except from SIU Carbondale
- At least a minimum of a 3.25 graduate grade point average calculated on coursework completed for a master’s degree or its equivalent
- A copy of a valid and current Illinois Professional Educator License with general administrative, principal, director of special education, or chief school business officer endorsement
- A copy (or ELIS screen shot) of the results of the Basic Skills Test OR Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) indicating a passing score AND a score on either the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Documentation, on school district letter head, of at least two years of full-time experience as a principal, director of special education, or chief school business official in an Illinois public school
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with applicant professionally
- A writing sample, preferably a graduate course paper
- If the above criteria are met, the student will be invited to campus to interview with the admissions committee. Interviews may also be conducted by phone and/or waived in special circumstances.
Applications for the Superintendent Endorsement program are due by May 20.