- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts except from SIU Carbondale.
- A minimum of at least 3.25 graduate grade point average.
- A completed department application.
- A completed on-line graduate school application.
- International students must take the TOEFL and receive a minimum score of 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based), or 80 (Internet).
- 3-5 years of successful work experience in teaching, administration, or student affairs. Submit three recommendation letters from persons familiar with you professionally.
- Submit a writing sample, preferably a graduate course paper.
- If the above criteria are met, the student will be invited to campus to interview with the admissions committee. Interviews may also be conducted by phone and/or waived in special circumstances.
Applications for the Ph.D. program are accepted at any time during the year; however, you must apply at least two months before the first day of the semester in which you would like to enroll.
Application For Admission to Graduate Study